We always give you the best price we have – based on your situation. We will also carefully explain your situation to you and answer any questions you have about your price. You will always get the true scoop here.
Our companies of Mapfre/Commerce, Liberty Mutual, Hanover, Occidental and Progressive offer many different discounts and you will get any discount you are eligible for – that I can guarantee you.
But there are also other ways to save money on car insurance and here are some tips to help you do just that. How much does auto insurance cost in Massachusetts?
Very important – whenever you have an accident or get a ticket of some kind – if it is a “moving violation” – your car insurance rate will go up at your renewal! So if you want to save money the best way is to keep a clean driving record and you will pay less than $1000 a year for full coverage!
What determines your rate:
- Your driving record
- Where you live
- How long you have been driving
- What kind of coverage you get
- What limits of coverage you get
The golden rule of safe driving? NO SPEEDING! Just this alone stops accidents from happening and could save your life or the lives of others.
Take a quick look at some other tips – and I am sure you will find one that can help you.
- Shop around and compare prices every year. This is the best way to keep saving money each and every year. You should not overpay for your car insurance. There’s no need for it. Just shop around.
- Get rid of the little extras like Towing and Car Rental – they are rarely used and when you do need them they are not expensive services. It’s up to you. Just get AAA.
- For Collision (Part 7) and Comprehensive (Part 9) – if you opt for higher deductibles you can lower your insurance premium. Consider a higher Collision deductible rather than more than $300 on Comprehensive – the savings on the Comprehensive will be minimal.
- If the car is between 7 and 12 years old, just get Liability (state minimums or higher) plus Comprehensive (Part 9) – this will cover the car for stolen, vandalism, fire and glass.
- If you have a teenager living in the household, limit their usage of your car and have them listed as an “Occasional” driver or if they do not drive the car you may “Exclude” them. This can greatly reduce your premiums.
- For first time car buyers, it is a good idea to purchase a “beater” car and just get minimum liability (or higher limits) – then you can save money for a down payment on a nicer, newer vehicle – big difference in price of liability and full coverage for a new driver.
- Raise your deductibles – if you have Collision (Part7) you can go from a $500 deductible to a $1000 deductible and save up to 30% off the Collision price. If you have a loan on the vehicle be sure to ask your lien holder if you can make this change.
- Deductibles are the amount you would pay if you have an “incident”. With the higher deductible method, if you have an accident or are hit and run you would pay a little more out of pocket but your monthly premiums would be reduced. It is up to you.
- An alarm may give you an additional discount off of Comprehensive (Part 9), usually 20%. If your vehicle has air bags (all do after 1991) and automatic seat belts you would get a discount off of Parts 2 and 3 of the Massachusetts Auto policy.
- If your mileage is less than 7500 miles a year or even lower than 5000 a year you are entitled to a discount- usually up to 15%. Be sure to check for mileage discounts.
- If you are a New Driver – typically under 3 years, by attending Driving School you can receive a discount for the first 3 years you are licensed and insured. Typically you get a discount each year for the first 3 years equal to what you spent for the Driving School classes – so over 3 years you get you money back.
- If you are an older driver 65+ you are eligible for an additional discount – sometimes very significant discount – check with your agent.
- If you have AAA you may be eligible for a discount.
- If you are a Military personnel or a College Student you may be eligible for further discounts.
- Companies now offer Loyalty Discounts – where the longer you stay with them the greater the Loyalty Discount.
- If you have a Renters, Homeowners or Condo policy you can bundle it with you auto policy for additional discounts – sometimes up to 15% off each policy. We offer great rates with Mapfre/Commerce and Liberty Mutual – ask us for a quote.
- If you have more than one car on your policy you are eligible for a multi-car discount – usually 8% – 10%.
- Use your company’s automatic debit program where they take your monthly payment directly from your bank account – this way you do not pay any monthly fees or interest.
- Good Student Discount – ask your agent about this discount for your teen driver.
- Accident Forgiveness – the insurance company does not charge you more for your first accident.
- Read all the mail you get from your insurance company – know what coverage you have and do not have.
Don’t hesitate to ask your agent if you are getting all the discounts you are eligible for.
That’s it for now! Call us today and let us show you how to save on car insurance.
Indian Orchard (413) 543-3800
Forest Park (413) 781-3800