- March 7, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Auto Insurance
Whether you are renting or buying a truck for your business, it’s important to get commercial vehicle insurance in Indian Orchard to secure your assets. Let’s take a look at how this policy offers your fleet and cargo protection:
Purchasing Commercial Auto Insurance for Fleet
If you are running a large-scale business, you will probably have a fleet driving on the roads for hours on long routes making deliveries. In such cases, you have to ensure that your fleet, employees, and cargo reach their destination safely.
A purchase commercial auto insurance is needed if your employees are using their personal vehicles to haul equipment or for other business reasons.
Let’s take oil companies as an example. They usually have hundreds of commercial vehicles with mandated drivers and supervisors leading fleets.
Remember: Commercial auto insurance is completely different from personal car insurance. If you operate a small pizza shop and make deliveries on your bike, your insurance company will not pay for repairs or injuries if you get into an accident.
Commercial auto insurance is needed for vehicles that:
- Carry a commercial license tag or plate
- Are used for business
- Are registered commercially
Purchasing auto insurance is also necessary if your employees use the vehicle for the following reasons:
- Making sales calls
- Driving clients to meetings or the airport
- Shopping for office furniture and other supplies
- Delivering packages for shipping
Additional coverage is required if the commercial vehicle is used for the following purposes:
- Delivering products or food
- Acting as a limo service, taxi, or chauffeur
- Carrying equipment
- Transporting hazardous or flammable materials
- Towing vehicles
- Moving freight
How Commercial Auto Insurance for Fleet Protects Your Cargo
- Auto Liability: Takes care of bodily injury and property damage caused by you while driving
- Underinsured and Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Pays for repairs and medical bills if you get into an accident and the other driver is underinsured or uninsured
- Medical Payments: Covers medical bills for you and the passengers regardless of who caused the accident
- Collision Coverage: Covers small and large-scale accidents, such as when you hit a tree or collide with something that overturns your vehicle
- Physical Damage Coverage: Covers repairs in incidents where your vehicle is vandalized, damaged, stolen, or if you hit an animal
- Rental Reimbursement: Pays for additional costs you incur when your vehicle is at the repair shop, and you have to rent another to continue business operations
- Roadside Assistance: Pays for towing if your truck breaks down on the side of the road
- Cargo Coverage: Covers freight during shipping from physical damage or loss
In conclusion, having commercial vehicle insurance in Indian Orchard protects you and your assets, including your fleet and cargo. You need to have comprehensive coverage so you can anticipate any accident.
If you have personal car insurance and plan to buy commercial car insurance, Western Mass Auto Insurance will bundle your policies and offer a discount. Click here to fill out the form with details of your commercial vehicle to get a free quote. For more information, call (413) 543-3800 and talk to our auto insurance agent in Indian Orchard.