- October 7, 2014
- Posted by: admin
- Categories: Auto Insurance, blog, Insurance Claims, Insurance Coverages
How to Protect Against Car Theft
About one-half of stolen cars are unlocked and 1/5 have the keys inside. Here are a few simple, yet effective ways to protect against car theft and get your best rates on car insurance through Western Auto Insurance.
- Use some form of theft prevention. This can include annoying car alarms, devices that lock the steering wheel, and tracking systems. Having these devices will often reduce car insurance premiums.
- Lock your car and take the keys with you. Simple, but it’s amazing how many people don’t always do this.
- Never leave your car running unless you’re sitting in the driver’s seat. Even if you’ll be gone for just a few minutes.
- Do not leave anything visible in the car. Thieves have been known to break into a car simply for the change in the cup holder or a bag in the backseat.
- Consider a stereo with theft protection.
- Park in areas that are well lit with people nearby.
Use common sense when trying to protect against car theft. No one can stop auto theft completely but you can take a few steps to greatly reduce the chances that it is your car that is stolen.