Mass Auto Policy Part 2 – PIP
This Mass auto policy Part 2 PIP or Personal Injury Protection pays three kinds of benefits and when you buy Mass Insurance you want to make sure you get a zero deductible – this is very important.
- Medical Expenses – incurred as a result of the accident for necessary medical, surgical, Xray and dental services. Includes ambulance, hospital, professional nursing and funeral services.
- Lost Wages – If an injured person is out of work because of the accident – we pay lost wages up to 75% of average weekly gross wages.
- Replacement Services – Reimburse the injured person for payments made to anyone outside the household for necessary services that would have been performed without pay for the benefit of the household – had they not been injured.
- To you or any other person if injured while occupying your auto with your consent
- To any pedestrian if struck by your auto
Total payment for medical expenses, lost wages and replacement services will not exceed $8000
What If I Have Health Insurance?
If you have a “health plan” we pay up to $2000 for any injured person. We also pay medical expenses in excess of $2000 which will not be paid by the health plan (maxing out at $8000). If the health plan will cover the expenses over $2000 PIP will not pay more than the $2000.
Motorcycle insurance does not include Mass auto policy Part 2 PIP – which is why Medical payments part 6 is so important here.
Any questions call my office.