- September 6, 2014
- Posted by: Western Mass Auto Insurance
- Categories: Auto Insurance, blog, Commercial Vehicle Insurance, How to Buy a Car, Miscellaneous, Motorcycle Insurance, RMV Info, Teen Drivers
Your Plates Control Your Insurance
When you cancel your license plates – you are canceling the insurance on that vehicle but be sure to tell us you have canceled your plates so we can take the vehicle off of your Springfield Auto Insurance. How do I cancel my license plates is easy to do.
- You can cancel your plates by bringing them to the Registry and then contacting your insurance agent to tell them you have canceled your plates.
- You can cancel your plates on line – Here. Again just let your agent know you have done this so he/she may cancel your insurance properly.
- If you have lost your plates or they have been stolen and you want to cancel them – simply go to the Registry and fill out a “Lost Plate Affidavit” or go to your agent they should have one for you. Again, after the plates are canceled call your agent and tell them you have cancelled your plates.
How This Effects Your Bill
It is important to factor in how you pay your car insurance bill each month. If you pay out of your bank account automatically then you want to time this properly. call your agent and tell them you want “off the bank program” – then you will not pay again after you have canceled your plates. Give your agent at least 10 days’ notice to be sure they do not draft another payment.
If you receive bills in the mail then just be sure to inform your agent that you have canceled your plates and if you owe any money after the cancellation, the insurance company will send you a final bill. Or if you have other cars on your policy, the insurance company will remove the one car you have canceled and recalculate the amount due. Your agent should be able to help you with this.
How do I cancel my license plates? Bring them to your agent or go to the RMV – easy as that.
Any questions call our office