Our Agency Offers Quality, Affordable Home Insurance in MA!
Here are our Home Insurance Companies to get you your best price and value:
- Mapfre/Commerce Insurance
- Hanover Insurance
- Plymouth Rock/Bunker Hill Insurance
- Safety Insurance
- Universal Property
Watch Our Short Home Insurance Video!
Get Your Free Quote Today
Western Mass Auto Insurance makes it easy to get affordable Homeowners, Apartment and Condo insurance. Get your free, no-obligation quote today by calling (413) 543-3800 for Indian Orchard or (413) 781-3800 for the Forest Park area. Or simply leave us your information and we will get right back to you. Plus you can always stop by one of our two conveniently located offices where an insurance representative can immediately assist you! Talk soon!
Get Bigger Discounts by Bundling Your Home and Auto Insurance
There are many different companies that offer homeowners insurance and each company will have a different price for you to choose from. You need to find a local independent agent (like Western Mass Auto Insurance) who deals with several different companies, this way we can find you your best price available. It is an auto & homeowners package discount program where if you buy both policies then you get a discount for both.
The biggest reason why people switch insurers is that their current insurer no longer offers the price that they paid previously and if this is the case, then you will need to shop around for a new company until you find one that meets your needs.
Massachusetts Homeowners’ Insurance FAQs
What Do I need to Know About Homeowners Insurance?
This type of policy is required when you purchase and finance your home. Prices vary depending on where you live and how big your home is. It will cover damages to your dwelling, your personal property and gives you “loss of use” if you are displaced out of your home due to a fire or other peril.
Home insurance protects you in situations that everyone can face: fire, theft, water damage, and other unforeseen circumstances that a homeowner can face.
Homeowners insurance provides coverage up to a calculated “replacement cost including debris removal – this is an estimate of how much it would cost to replace your home in today’s dollars.
There are 6 parts to a Homeowners policy:
- Part A – Dwelling – Provides coverage for replacement cost
- Part B – Other Structures – covers “other structures” on your property like your detached garage or shed.
- Part C – Personal property – this amount protects your possessions usually up to 10% of Part A
- Part D – Loss of Use – this part provides you money if you are displaced because of a covered claim. Money for a hotel for instance if you need to be out of your home while it is repaired because of a covered claim.
- Part E – Personal Liability – this provides you protection in case someone is injured on or in your property – usually up to $500,000.
- Part F – Medical Payments to Others
How Do I Create a Home Inventory?
Successfully filing a claim for lost, damaged, or destroyed property requires some specific information. Obviously, you need to know what you own, but it would also help to know when you bought it, and what you paid. The easiest way to capture that information, and to speed up any claim you may have, is to do a complete household inventory.
Making a household inventory is well worth your time. Don’t put if off! In the aftermath of a fire or other catastrophe, it is almost impossible to remember what you’ve lost.
- List Everything: First, go through each room, listing major items. Include purchase date and price, if known. Check receipts if you have them. Include serial numbers for appliances, electronics, and cameras.
- Take Photos or Videos: Open all closet and cabinet doors. Stand in the center of each room and take one picture of each wall. Or scan the room with a video camera.
- Update Regularly: Keep your inventory up to date. List and photograph new purchases and gifts as they arrive in your home. Delete items you no longer own.