- March 23, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Categories: blog, Home Insurance
While homeowner’s insurance policies don’t offer structural damage coverage to your property, there are, however, specific conditions that allow the company to provide you with the coverage you need.
This type of protection comes under dwelling coverage in case of unforeseen occurrences, and it typically includes your ceiling, flooring, foundation, etc. Homeowners need to add all these specific events to their current homeowner’s insurance policy or take a separate structural insurance policy for their home.
In this blog, we will discuss whether home insurance covers structural damage.
When Is Structural Damage Coverage Provided?
Depending on your state, your home insurance providers offer you the choice of getting structural damages covered in specific situations. It can be an explosion, fire, vandalism, tornado, etc.
- If the structure of your home is damaged in a fire, you will be covered by your home insurance provider.
- If one part of your house collapses due to heavy rainfall, snowstorm, weather changes, etc., you will be eligible for structural damage coverage.
- Hurricanes or tornados can cause your home massive structural damage; thus, your provider will cover most of the costs, if not all.
- If you hire a handyperson to get things fixed and they end up tearing down a wall or causing a huge structure to collapse, you will get structural damage coverage.
- In case of a severe termite infestation that causes a wall to collapse, your insurer will most likely provide you coverage.
- Your insurance company will cover any other unforeseen events that take place.
However, it is important to note that there will be a limit to your home insurance policy. Once the deductible is cut, you’ll be responsible for paying the remaining amount.
Deciding whether to get structural insurance under your home insurance policy is one of the most crucial decisions that can impact you and your loved ones in the years to come. It will protect your home in a natural disaster and keep your family covered in case of an explosion or fire. You will be at ease knowing that your structural damages are paid for.
If you’re looking for one of Springfield’s leading home insurance companies, Western Mass Auto Insurance is who you need to contact immediately. We are a leading life insurance provider in Springfield and offer multiple insurance policies to make living easier for you to live comfortably. You can be easy knowing that your repairs are covered.
Other Western Mass Auto Insurance policies include auto, life, and renter’s insurance. To learn more about life insurance, contact us today, and our insurance agents in Springfield will provide you with more detail.