Covid 19 Customer Information
Western Mass Auto Insurance is here to assist you through this most difficult time. Our top companies are offering refund programs and billing leniency to assist you through this. Please review the following information and feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
“Together we will get through this”
At The Hanover, we’re committed to being there when you need us most. We recognize that the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has created unprecedented challenges. With the shelter-in-place and stay-at-home orders resulting in fewer drivers on the road and, in turn, fewer accidents, we are pleased to return 15% of April and May auto premiums to eligible customers through The Hanover CARES Refund program – totaling over $30 Million in refunds. To make this as easy as possible, no action is required. You will automatically receive the credit. Please review our frequently asked questions for additional details about when and how your account will be credited. Customers with billing questions should call 800-922-8427. In addition, we’ll contribute $500,000 to local nonprofits across the country to address needs arising from this public health crisis
- Also placing a 60 day hold on all cancellations for non payment for all customers through June 1, 2020 and offer other billing flexibility options.
- Offering virtual claims inspections and home evaluations to promote social distancing.
- Extending personal auto coverage to individuals delivering food, medicine and other essential goods at no additional charge
- Extending the number of days we will reimburse a customer for a rental car if an insured’s vehicle is in the shop and cannot be repaired or returned
- Customers who have paid in full and do not have an account balance on any of their policies with us will receive two refund checks. One in May and another in June. If they have other Hanover policies with a payment due, we will apply their credit to these balances first.
- Those who pay by electronic funds transfer (EFT) will receive a credit to their monthly withdrawal in May and June.
- Customers with a remaining balance on their auto policy will receive a credit to their balance owed in May and June.
In an effort to protect each other, and to help stop the spread of COVID-19, we know that many of you are staying at home and driving less. To recognize this change in driving behavior, and to ease some of the financial burden many are experiencing, we are implementing the MAPFRE Insurance Staying Home Refund. This program will return 15% of April and May premium to our personal auto policyholders, over $30 million. On average, most policyholders will receive a premium credit of approximately $40. No action is required on the part of our policyholders to receive this premium credit which will be applied within the next 60 days. Customers who have paid in full will receive a refund within this same time period.
The MAPFRE Insurance Staying Home Refund will credit 15% of April and May premium to all active personal auto policyholders, including motorcycles written on a personal auto policy. All personal auto policyholders, new or existing, with an active policy at the end of April and May are eligible.
The credit will be issued by June 30, and no action is required by policyholders to receive the credit. One combined credit will be issued for April and May. A partial credit will be issued to customers active for only April or May.
- Installment customers: Credit will appear as a line item on your invoice
- Paid-in-full customers: A check will be sent to the address on file
Progressive is providing credits of approximately $1 billion in premium to Progressive personal auto customers as a result of fewer claims that come with less frequent driving. Progressive personal auto customers who have a policy in force as of April 30 will be credited 20% of their April premiums in May and personal auto customers with a policy in force as of May 31 will be credited 20% of their May premiums in June. We estimate that the sum of these two credits will total approximately $1 billion. We may offer additional credits in the upcoming months. Customers will not need to take any actions to receive the benefits. The credits will be applied automatically to the customer’s policy and those customers who have paid in full will receive a payment of the credited amounts. Customers will see it reflected in their accounts within a few weeks after month end. If they have a balance on the policy, we’ll apply the credit directly to the remaining balance. And if they’ve already paid in full, we’ll return the money to the payment account we have on file.
- Starting Wednesday, April 1, 2020 continuing through Friday, May 15, 2020, Progressive customers will not be canceled or non-renewed for non-payment of premium.
- In addition, customers will not be charged any late or cancel fees, receive any cancel notices, or experience any lapses in coverage during this time