- October 16, 2014
- Posted by: admin
- Categories: Auto Insurance, blog, Insurance Coverages, Miscellaneous
How to Change Your Car Insurance Coverage
Before you change your car insurance coverage it is important to know what kind of coverage you already have. How do you do this?
- Open any and all letters the insurance company sends you and try to understand your coverage.
- Look on this blog for information on each of the 12 parts.
- Call your agent and review your coverage- this is very important.
Once you clearly understand your coverage then you are in a position to request changes. Go into your agent and review your policy or call Western auto insurance to go over your policy.
Come Into Our Office
To make a change you must present your driver’s license for ID, then sign the appropriate paperwork requesting your change.
- Adding coverage is always effective the next day.
- Decreasing coverage is effective the same day.
- Adding a driver or car or transferring plates is effective the same day.
- Changing your bank account information can take up to 5 days – be aware of this to time it properly for your next payment
If you have any questions or want to change your car insurance coverage please call our office today.